This position is responsible for planning work and unplanned work orders in SAP, generating job plans including labor, materials, equipment & services, creating job packets for field execution, and continually improving job plans via updates based on feedback. This position is also responsible for improving work force productivity and work quality through appropriate planning techniques.
Primary Responsibilities - Planner
Effectively works with operations to:
· Define job scopes and develop work inventory, detailed job plans, cost estimate
· Strong experience in mechanical and estimating experience in refining Units
· Perform unit walk down of equipment to verify estimates
· Experienced planning routine maintenance for Piping and Mechanical
· Ability to read and interpret P&ID’s , Blueprints and Drawings
· Ability to do minor sketches and Drawings
· Must have thorough understanding of towers, vessels, drums, and piping
· Monitor and enforce Contractor’s Safety to comply with Client and OSHA regulations.
· Check job for completeness per scope of work and initiate punch lists of items not complete near the end of the job.
· Attend Tool Box Safety Meetings and obtain a copy of the minutes for record purposes.
· Provide Quality Assurance. Insist on the job being done correctly.
· Hands on field experience in field execution in a refinery or chemical plant
· Ability to effectively manage time, multiple projects, and resources
· Ability to perform as a member of a team working toward one common goal
· Ability to effectively and clearly communicate information and ideas both formally and informally
· Proficiency with MS Office suite (Work, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)