Location: Houston, TX
Work Schedule: 4x10
The Contractor Project Manager responsibilities include tracking of their projects in the control engineering department, weekly reporting of their project statuses, and providing outsourced help as required supporting their projects. Other specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the owner agent and makes technical decisions.
- Project scope
- Project tracking
- Estimating and obtaining bids
- Cost reporting and projections
- Entering purchase requisitions and approving of invoices
- Operations training
- Understand the process, process equipment, and control equipment including associated electrical and instrumentation related to control systems. Interact with operations to develop control system improvements to reduce potential for safety and environmental impact during normal and upset operating conditions.
- Lead control engineering projects.
- Support the preparation and utilization of specifications, details, maintenance procedures and documentation improvements for pipeline and related facilities.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Oracle proficiency is required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field is required.
- Professional Engineering Registration or other related control certifications are preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' project management experience and a minimum 15+ years' experience in design and implementation of controls and related systems and 10+ years’ experience in design and implementation of I&E work and 10 years' experience in Project Managing projects related to control system upgrades.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and have the ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Working knowledge of the various PHSMA, OSHA and industry standards as it relates to control engineering.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work both independently and with others in the organization.
- Must have the ability to perform light work, able to lift minimum of 20 pounds occasionally and be able to reach overhead, stoop, bend and twist while working.