Planners assume a host of responsibilities, all of which contribute to the big-picture success of an event’s execution. Responsibilities include:
- Developing a comprehensive plan for your STO, capital project or maintenance event, including identifying all necessary tasks, resources, and schedules. This typically includes evaluation and prioritization of maintenance and inspection requirements, along with building the plan for shutdown, maintenance, and start-up operations.
- Coordinating with various departments and teams to ensure the event is executed smoothly and efficiently, with a particular focus on making sure human capital is used effectively to complete the event on time and on-budget.
- Managing the procurement and delivery of materials and equipment needed for the event.
- Coordinating with contractors and vendors to ensure their work is completed on time and to specification.
- Ensuring that all safety measures and procedures are followed during the event.
KAP can connect you with the best planner(s) based on your specific needs. Here’s what we look for in candidates:
- Technical understanding of operations for planning and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in operating modern maintenance technology and software
- Attention to detail and proven experience creating plans
- Agility, i.e., the ability to pivot as needed throughout an execution